This course is aimed at those in a management or supervisory role who have to deal with situations where conflict arises. Failure to manage conflict in an organisation deflects energy from the work focus and can lead to decreased productivity and poor morale. This conflict management training course is designed to provide participants with effective tools to use when dealing with conflict.
Primary topics to be covered include:
- Understanding Conflict and its effects
- Strategies for Conflict Management
- Mediating between employees
The programme is designed to provide participants with the confidence and skills necessary to manage conflict in a constructive manner, by developing the ability to negotiate and mediate. Participants will learn how to analyse a conflict, understand how the disagreement can be approached, and select the appropriate strategy for successful conflict resolution.
· Examine personal responses to Conflict
· Personal styles of Conflict Management
· Identifying / Analysing the Conflict
· Different Strategies for dealing with Conflict
· Demonstrating Strategic Thinking
· Using positive assertive behaviour
· Communication and listening skills
· Negotiation for conflict resolution
· Reaching a positive resolution