Diversity best describes the nature of the 21st century workforce in Ireland. Determined by many factors, perhaps the most significant is the high influx of migrant workers into the Irish workforce, a trend set to continue long into the future. Irish businesses now find themselves presented with an unparalleled opportunity to harness the latent and potential talents of this growing number of prospective employees. By fostering understanding, awareness and respect, this programme aims to provide managers with the knowledge and understanding to develop a skilled, cooperative and motivated workforce.
· To gain an understanding of the importance of inclusion
· To educate participants to accept and appreciate diversity
· To understand how to foster a diversity friendly workplace
· To improve communications between managers and employees
· To facilitate better relations between employees
· To improve performance by learning to work as a team
This practical programme aims to provide participants with the skills and tools necessary to manage diversity in the workplace thus creating a productive and inclusive environment. Attitudes around such concepts as race, identity, culture and equality are explored to improve awareness, understanding and tolerance between groups and individuals.
· Examining Diversity and its impact in the workplace
· Legal and Human rights and an overview of Legislation Tribunals and Authorities in Ireland, the Employment Equality Acts and Equal Status Act and the implications for employees, customers and clients.
· The benefits of Diversity for Employers
· Examination of the factors such as which can lead to misunderstanding
· Guidelines and Tools for those working with Diverse Groups/ Teams.
· Developing and improving Key Skills for communicating, understanding and inclusion of all employees.
· Building trust
· Attracting, Retaining and Motivating a diverse workforce.
· Action Planning
One Day Course